Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Vacation times infinity


We're heading off to Big Bear today for another reunion. Thank goodness it's only two hours away and not twelve. But if Addison decides to have another two hour screaming fit, I'm going to be seriously ticked.

So, there are all sorts of good, friendly people who I've been seeing over the last couple weeks, people that would feel bad if they thought I didn't like them. I'm appreciative of my family, of my in-laws, of cousins and friends who we don't often get to see...but I guess I'm just a person who needs this stuff in small doses. Does anyone ever believe it when you say, "It's not you, it's me." The fact is, I'm a social recluse, and all these get-togethers tax me, just like that scene in Spiderman 2 where Toby is virtually pulled apart while trying to hold on to two train cars at once. I'm drawing on reserves that are gonna take a long time to fill up again. Maybe until 2014.

At least when we get to Big Bear we get to stay in one place, and we don't have to relocate all of our things every two days. And it'll be a heck of a lot cooler there than it was today in SoCal. See, I'm trying to look on the bright side. My wife is rolling her eyes with a "get over yourself" look.

See you on the other side...